Here is a summary of ‘Marketing Trends, Spend & Forecasts’, a recent survey conducted by ALF Insight.
- Sales pipeline. 54% of marketers see ‘building a stronger sales pipeline’ as their highest priority for 2017.
- CRM. 70% of marketers plan on investing more into CRM in the coming year. Additionally, 46% of marketers want to drive more value from existing customers.
- Data. 67% of marketers are investing in data analytics, with a third of marketers seeing it as a key area for improvement.
- Video. 60% of marketers are looking to use video in the next twelve months, continuing a 20% year-on-year increase.
- Email. Marketers are still sending their content marketing directly via email (75%). Aside from websites (35%), email marketing drives the most ROI with 31% of marketers declaring it their strongest channel.
According to Marketing Maven’s ‘marketing trends survey’ there are six key trends in digital marketing.
- Online events. According to their marketing trends survey, 51% of companies are increasing their spending on online events this year.
- Video. 57% are increasing their spending on video.
- Social Media. The top reasons B2B marketers use social media are branding and content delivery. LinkedIn is the most popular social media platform in the B2B sector.
- Digital content. Videos, webinars, downloadable PDFs, e-books, interactive tools are all increasing in popularity and use.
- Internet banner advertising. Online ads have become a strong value proposition for B2B marketers to drive qualified, targeted traffic to websites.
- Testing and analytics. Measuring traffic, page popularity, and visitor behaviour to help make informed decisions about marketing investment.